Monday 3 December 2012

Pest Control Marketing Tip On How To Handle and Overcome Objections


 
Pest Control Marketing is a subject that I speak about on a daily basis. 
I was having a conversation with some pest control operators awhile back and we got on the topic of selling.This guy asked me what I thought was the best way to overcome objections.Now, this is an important subject because, after all, the less people object, the more they buy, right? I told him that I thought the best way to overcome an objection is to not get the objection in the first place.I pointed out a study done a few years ago by two psychologists, Harold Gerard and Morton Deutsch. They proved that a person is ten times harder to convince to change his or her mind once they have openly and physically stated a belief or position. It is, therefore, very important to address an objection before it is stated rather than afterwards. Once a person actually states the objection, you have lost a lot of leverage.

Make sense?

Here's an example: If I state my price as fifty-seven dollars and the prospect tells me he thinks fifty-seven dollars is too much, then he is going to be hard to convince otherwise. I now have to persuade him to change his mind and his position.
In order for that to happen, he will have to admit that he was wrong and that is a hard thing for most people to do.

So...

It would be better if I said to him something like this first:Now some people might be inclined, at first, to think fifty-seven dollars is too much and they can't afford it. But they would be mistaken, and here's why:

I then proceed to explain why fifty-seven dollars is not too much money for what he is getting and how he actuallycan afford it. I proceed to create the value and justify the cost in his mind before he comes out with the objection.

By Hal Coleman

No comments:

Post a Comment